Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Playing Catch Up

Once again I am behind on blogging. I just realized that the real update I gave was over a month ago about James turning 9 months old.  The boy is about to be 11 months old! WOW, where has the time gone? 

James turned 10 months old while I was visiting my family out in Fulton KY.  Joshua and I were getting ready to sell his car so I wanted to make a trip out there before we became a 1 car family.  James and I headed out on March 20th and stayed until the 24th.  We had such a good time.  Since my grandparents no longer live there we had to find someone else in the family to let us stay with them. My cousin Darcy had one of her daughter-in-laws staying with her. So that meant her house was full. So we stayed next door with my Great Aunt Lucy.  Let me tell you she spoiled us! It was so nice getting to stay with her.  She has a huge house and is the only one that lives there.  Every morning when James and I would come down stairs I could smell the food cooking.  She fixed me a hot breakfast each day.  I'm so not used to that.

The downside to staying with my Aunt Lucy was that she only has 1 tv, and no internet.  So I didn't want to be stuck there from 6pm until time for me to go to bed. I was able to set up James' monitor and still see him at my cousins house. It worked out perfectly. I was able to hang out with my cousins all while being able to look and listen to James.  My aunt was always at her house, so James was not there alone.

Darcy was able to make James a birthday shirt and bib, and also an Easter shirt.  I really enjoy getting to spend time with family out there.  It's such a small town, and it's always a relaxing time for me.  I don't know when we will get back out there, but hopefully it will be soon.

 The cousins and their babies. Me and James, Danielle and Willow, Nikki and Lilli and Gatlin, and Kayla and Emma.

I don't know many people that keep in touch with family quite like I do.  These are not my first cousins. I think we determined that James and Emma are 6th cousins.
Willow is 4 months old...this shows how little my guy is. Willow is almost as tall as him!

No comments:

Post a Comment