Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Slacking off

I've been slacking on the blogging. I need to get back at it.  I took the week of Thanksgiving off because we traveled to GA for the holiday.  We had such a good time visiting with family and friends.

We drove down on Monday the 18th, and stayed until the following Monday.  James had a rough night after being in the car all afternoon and part of the evening. We arrived 2 hours after his bedtime, and since he had been sleeping in the car he was wide awake when we got him out of his car seat. I decided to let him stay up for an hour and then tried to get him to go to sleep.  He was still awake at 11:20pm. I finally just had to let him cry and he did give up. Normally at home he is in bed by 7:15, and doesn't make  a peep.

We ate Thanksgiving lunch with my mom's side of the family. I always enjoy our family meals, cause we have good cooks in the family! My mema made a jam cake for desert, and it was so good. Her cakes are my favorite.  We had Thanksgiving dinner with Joshua's family. There was enough food to feed an army.

The day after Thanksgiving we met my brother and his family at Piedmont Park so my sil could take pictures for us. James was 6 months old that day, and I wanted to get some family shots.  James wasn't very happy about having his pictures taken, and didn't last very long.  But we did end up with a few good shots.  After pictures we ate lunch at the Varsity! It was so yummy.  Then we headed up to Cartersville to eat dinner with my dad's side of the family. 

Saturday we took it easy and stayed home all day, watching football.  Sunday, my parents came over for lunch and to watch the Falcons game with us.  We got up Monday and ate breakfast and then hit the road to KY.  I can't wait till the 19th of this month when we get to drive back down there and stay for almost 2 weeks!

I didn't take my camera out once, except to take the monthly picture, these are the only pictures I took with my phone while visiting.

James in his new bath seat that grandma got him
 Watching football

No comments:

Post a Comment