Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Update on the Woombie

I  bought a Woombie swaddle on Saturday and have been using it for naps and at night since.  It's definitely better than regular swaddle blankets. James can not get his arms out of it, so he will sleep longer at night in it.  It is taking some time for him to get used to it because it's not as tight as he was used to. I would swaddle him pretty tightly so that it would be harder to get his arms out.  I ended up getting the leggies woombie.

So far since using it James has only woken up once each night. The only issue we have had is that he won't go back to sleep after waking up, so I end up putting him in bed with me. I'm gonna work on that though and hopefully in the next week he will start going back to sleep on his own.

I wish I had purchased a woombie before James was born and started using it from day one. For the next one I will definitely have a woombie from the beginning!

4 comments:

  1. I just ordered one of these for my little guy and it should be here today! Thanks for posting how it is going with you! Cooper is a MASTER at getting his arms out, so I needed to try something because swaddle me's just aren't working anymore! I'm super glad to know that your little guy has adjusted well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got the convertible leggies and it's going great so far!! How is it going for you guys now?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's going ok....I'm having trouble getting him to go back to sleep once he wakes up in the middle of the night. He does really well falling asleep and will stay asleep when I lay him down, so that is good progress. Tomorrow will just be a week that I've had it, so hopefully it will continue to get better!

      Delete